AAQ Field Day & Workshop 2009
AAQ field day and workshop July 25th - 26th 2009
The next AAQ workshop will be a combined AGM, field day and workshop featuring presentations from Dr. Stuart Rowland and a detailed guided tour of Condabilla Fish Farm. Mark your calendar now !! July 25th - 26th 2009.
If you don't know who Dr. Stuart Rowland is click here. He is the father of freshwater finfish aquaculture in Australia !!
Condabilla Fish Farm is a unique native freshwater fish grow-out facility, probably one of the largest in Australia. Their aim is to develop a world-class aquaculture project at Condabilla dedicated for the production of Murray Cod, Queensland Silver Perch and Golden Perch. The project is based southwest of Chinchilla on the western edge of the Darling Downs. The latest production technologies from around the world are being used to create a product of the highest order. Their main pond system is based on the Partitioned Aquaculture System (PAS) from Clemson University, SC, USA.
The production system is designed for HACCP accreditation both as a food safety program and a production risk program. This enables them to guarantee a reliable high quality product.
The production system is aimed at the customer who wants to develop a relationship based on medium to large orders contracted over long time periods.
Condabilla Fish Farm can be contacted by :
Ph (07)4669 15 14
Mr. Rob Bartley,
Sundale Enterprises Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 116
Dalby Qld 4405
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED ON THIS PAGE SOON.
You must be a financial member to attend. The owners of the property reserve the right to withhold access to individuals at their discretion.
Local Motels: Chin Chilla motels
- Chinchilla Palms Motor Inn, Warrego Highway - 07 4672 9888 / 1800 818 712
- Chinchilla White Gums Motor Inn, Cnr Warrego Highway & King Street - 07 4669 1560 / 1800 269 771
- Chinchilla Great Western Motor Inn, Warrego Highway - 07 4662 8288
- Central Motor Inn, 131 Heeney Street - 07 4669 1100 (www.clubhotelchinchilla.com.au)
- Acacia Motel, 96 Glasson Street - 07 4662 7379
- Barakula Motel, Warrego Highway (West) - 07 4662 7323
- Commercial Hotel Motel, 17 Chinchilla Street - 07 4662 7524
2009 AAQ WORKSHOP AND FIELD DAY
This is a draft agenda. It will be subject to changes as information becomes available.
SATURDAY July 25th
- 9.00 am Registration tea & coffee (provided)
- 10.00 Open and Welcome
- 10.15 Dr Stuart Rowland. disease and health management
- 11.15 Busy at Work Kim Mallyon
- 11.45 Sponsor information
- 12.00 pm Before Lunch Carson Award
- LUNCH (provided)
- 1.30 AGM
- 2.00 Safe food Dave Wilkinson
- 2.30 Dr Stuart Rowland husbandry and production
- 3.30 Afternoon Tea (provided)
- 4.00 Dr Stuart Rowland (continued)
- Close Rob
SUNDAY July 26th
- 9.00 DUAL SESSION Dr Stuart Rowland health and husbandry - tour of Condibilla
- 10.00 morning tea (provided)
- 10.30 DUAL SESSION Dr Stuart Rowland health and husbandry - tour of Condibilla
- 12.30 BBQ Lunch (BYO)
Register For 2009 Field Day And Workshop
Your membership must be current at the time of the workshop.
Registration for full member $90.00
Registration for associate members $130.00
You may also bring additional guests, your partner, manager etc. Their names must be included
Please include an additional registration fee for EACH guest
Please send cheque to P.O. box 415 Childers Q. 4660 (Payable to AAQ.)
Please include your name and address, and the name of your business.
An extra $30.00 for late registration after July 15th applies